My Cancer Journey

I'm done. I'm done with waiting around. I'm done with waiting around for the drugs to work, the doctor's to tell me something, the test results to come back, and all of the in between lingering to tell me again my cancer is taking control of me. I'm done.

So, finally, I'm going to blog about this to document my learning, to pressure myself to keep on educating myself on what I am going through, what drugs I am taking, what other options there are, what off-label drugs I can take, and what alternative methods are available. This is a way to fight off the anxiety and fear, and keep on moving forward. It's going to be slow, but I am determined to do it.

I want to live.
I want to see my daughter when she is 20.
I want to travel with my husband and daughter to many more places.
I want to eat and laugh at the dining table one day, looking back at this time that I had a hiccup in my life, once upon a time.

The "Sunflower Dreams" is my personal journey of fighting cancer. I am a forty something person, a wife, a mom, a girl who still wants to set up her own business (I have grizillion ideas!), and a dreamer. Friends call me I'm a sunshine, of sunflower, so I googled "Sunflower dreams", and the first hit was: Sunflower Dream Symbol – Dreaming of sunflowers represents prosperity and a long, healthy life. The message can be that if you persevere through the hard times success is yours to achieve. It can also mean you are heading in the right direction when they appear.

Perfect. 

So here we go.

October, 2019

Comments